The Australian National University Music Engagement Program (MEP) is a unique, participatory program that prioritises the social benefits of shared, altruistic music making between teachers, students and the general community.
The MEP offers:
- Courses for teachers and the public;
- Unique ‘outreach’ singing events;
- Ongoing support to empower all participants to act as both music makers and facilitators of the music making of others.
ABOUT OUR FREE PROGRAM
The Music Engagement Program at the ANU School of Music is proud to be partnering with Music Australia to offer professional learning and community music making as a FREE Professional Development opportunity.
Professional Learning for all Teachers
- 2 hours
- Up to 40 teachers
- Especially helpful for generalists
- Understanding of philosophy and practice of the MEP approach.
- A repertoire of songs trialled and selected by thousands of students.
- Activities ‘on song’ developing confidence and musicianship.
- Practice in the MCUI song and familiarisation with resources.
The MEP basic professional learning workshop is designed to help all teachers, not just specialists engage with music making.
Location: Bannister Room, Riverina Conservatorium of Music
Time: 4pm - 6pm
Bookings: Contact Lydia Monzo | T 02 6125 9832 | Emep@anu.edu.au