Current Positions Vacant
Flute Teacher (Locum position - fixed term contract)
Job Description and Application Information
The RCM is the state government funded music education institution in the Riverina. It is a pre-tertiary institution and employs over 40 highly qualified staff. Our vision is to provide quality music education and performance that is accessible to all, enriching lives and building communities within the Riverina. Our aim is to provide leadership, resources and expertise – in order to support a life-long continuum of music education and of music-making in Riverina communities. Over 1200 students are currently enrolled over a wide spectrum of instrumental and vocal programs.
The Riverina Conservatorium of Music (RCM) is looking for a flute teacher to fill the role of the RCM’s principal flute teacher for a 12 month locum. This Permanent Part-Time position involves teaching flute students of all ages and abilities, in individual, group and ensemble situations.
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract - Part-Time (approx. 26 contact hours per week)
Commencement: October 15th 2018 through to September 27th 2019
Salary: $55,000 plus superannuation
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach flute to students individually or in small groups from beginner to advanced levels.
- Work with students ranging from primary years through to adult learners.
- Teach within school programs at both public and private schools in the Riverina region.
- Develop flute ensembles using RCM resources
- Support and participate in RCM performance program
- Work with RCM staff, particularly the Head of Woodwind and Brass, to promote flute in schools and the community, to implement the RCM strategic plan for 2016-2019, and to work with and expand the RCM’s Curriculum Program.
- have experience at teaching all levels of flute individually and in groups
- be familiar with working within school environments.
- be a professional performer with the capacity to participate in performance as a soloist and/or chamber musician.
- hold suitable tertiary qualifications in music or education or have equivalent, demonstrable professional experience.
- be prepared to work as part of a team and to share knowledge and skills.
Applications close Friday July 6th 2018.
All applications should address the criteria detailed above. For further information please contact the RCM Director, Hamish Tait, on +61(0)2 6925 3522. Send letters of application and current curriculum vitae including three referees (email acceptable) to:
Riverina Conservatorium of Music
PO Box 7290
Mt Austin NSW 2650
Expressions of Interest in Teaching at the RCM
The Riverina Conservatorium of Music is always looking for qualified and experienced teachers to join its team.
We are currently experiencing high demand for teachers in:
- Clarinet/ Saxophone
- Contemporary Voice
If you are interested in developing your career in music education please contact us using the adjacent form to start a conversation.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Click on links below for current positions available:
Make an enquiry about working at the Riverina Conservatorium of Music (RCM).